My Songs!


Thursday, October 8, 2009

Adventures on the Light Rail!


And now for the newest and most widely sold Magazine, The New Adventures on the Light Rail.
We have here with us today the Editor of the highly entertaining article, "The Tale of the Light Rail," that has been read and enjoyed by many, Maureen Davis. She is here to answer some of our questions about the Light Rail and what to expect when riding it.
1st question: So what is it like?
Maureen: Well, it is actually quite entertaining, I get to people-watch while I'm riding the rail. There are so many diverse groups that come on the train! For instance today I sat next to an african american family (mother , two daughters, and her boyfriend) Across from me sat an arabic man, an asian woman, her hispanic husband and their son and daughter. And of course there are the few caucasions spread through-out.
2nd Question: Do you talk to anyone on the light rail?
Maureen: Yes, not very often though, I usually just like to observe, but today an interesting lady was on the train when I got on to return home. She was a bit jumpy and never stopped moving. As soon as I sat down across from her she started talking. "Wow they look so young! Young lady are you in college?"
"yes"
"And what're you 19?"
"haha yes I am"
"Freshman?"
"No, a sophomore actually."
"So young! My son's 20 but he dropped out of high school, had to get his GED and now wants to be in the military, but he has to take a few classes in college first. He said if the teachers here were like the ones in high school he'da never dropped out! His name is Harbin, in French that means 'great warrior'. His dad named him, and our daughter too. I'd never have chosen french names. Her name's Mychelle - meaning 'sent from above'."
"They're beautiful names!"
"I know, but I named the last one, because my husband and I got divorced."
"I'm sorry to hear that."
"Happened a long time ago. Oh bye Patty! She's a good friend, so is here Lynda! We're all hobo's riding the rail."
Lynda chimes in, "She didn't really mean it she's just joking!"
I laughed
"Right, ya I like to joke around, its fun. So what's Your name?"
"Maureen"
"Maurie? Oh thats a nice name." Said to another girl who just walked in "I love you braids!" Back to me, "I used to have long hair, it went down to Here! But then this guy had me cut it really short and now it won't grow out. Thats why I divorced him. But I had to have it cut because I needed a surgery. I had cancer. What do you want to major in?"
"Nursing"
"nursing huh? well I did that too, though it wasn't as high as you plan to go, it was simple stuff thats why I have all these scars from shots! Well have you ever been to Bank-One Ballpark? I used to work there, it was fun but that was back when they won the world series."
Lynda says, "Ya I used to know one of them presidents there. Is that what they're called? Presidents right?"
"no hunny I think you mean the security guards"
"no no no it was someone else, president right?" She looked imploringly at me.
"I really don't know."
"Oh. Well there's one black guy there who knew my record, --I was in a least once for arsony --"
"But we All make mistakes, don't we?" She looks me up and down, "well most of us anyway."
Lynda starts up again, "Anyway he said hi to me! He was all like hey ya Lynda!"
(silence)
"Well here's our stop. It was so nice to meet you!"
I said goodbye smiling wide. What pleasant people!
Well that sums up our talk with Miss. Davis! Thank you so much for being here!

2 comments:

  1. i LOVE the lightrail. i've only ridden on it two times (two days--multiple consecutive times) and the people watching is fabulous.

    there was once a drunk guy that hit on every single girl. srsly. hilar.

    and a little girl that asked if the temple on my phone was a castle.

    and a guy and girl behind me talking about "cougars" and "sugar daddies" (hahahahahahaha)

    and an artist drawing naked fairies.

    oh so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maureen YOU ARE SO HILARIOUS ~ I LOVE YOUR BLOG~!! I will email you my email and would Love to see the New Blog!! You are Such a Great Person, I totally LOVE how you are going to school!! Congrats on your New Calling! It will be FUN for Sure!!!
    Love You! Shillene Hancock

    ReplyDelete